Sunday, February 22, 2009

Auntie Kendra, Uncle Chucky & the Three Amigas....


Chuck and I got to watch his sister's 3 little girls yesterday (ages 3, 5 & 6). We had a blast and even learned a few things...Everyone is strapped in and ready to head out for the day's adventures! First stop - Lake Eola to see the swans and play on the play set. We didn't realize that there was also a festival going on, so it was even more fun!

Of course promptly after I took this first picture of our first swan sighting, my camera's battery died... it took me a good 15 minutes to stop throwing my own little tantrum internally. I knew there were going to be soooo many photo ops and was really exicted, but it was fine, b/c then I put my camera away and got to really focus on our time together. :)

So, we had a good time at the park and then headed into the festival to find our lunch! We come across a tent selling hotdogs and everyone was excited except for one...she wanted macaroni and cheese... um, I was pretty sure that there wasn't going to be any mac n'cheese at the festival so I started to sweat. As the conversation continued, all of a sudden her stomach began to hurt. So, I pose the question "Your stomach probably wouldn't feel better if you had a snowcone, would it?" Well, you all know the answer... I am such a sucker! So we all ate our lunch and then headed out back to our house to let the food (and snowcone) settle b/c I didn't want to deal w/ any real stomach issues caused by running around after eating. So we get home and decide to watch Finding Nemo...



This is where Max watched the movie from...he was so upset. (oh and yes I clean my windows...ever 6 months....)


Then after our rest we headed out to the park near our house w/ Max...




#1 LESSON LEARNED YESTERDAY: Ask children BEFORE you leave the house to go to a park w/o any bathrooms, if they need to use the bathroom.

This was taken 3 seconds before she stopped and the flood gates opened...I felt so bad for her, but it wasn't her fault. :( We rounded everyone up and headed back to the house did some laundry and took a little snooz. :) It was all good.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awww....looks like you wore them out! How fun - I bet they love going to Uncle Chuckie & Aunt KenKen's!

Tiffany said...

p.s. no bathrooms at parks = no fun. At least with boys, it's a little 'easier'...we are still learning to 'go, before we go'...anywhere.